- - PFS
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Full Time
We have other positions available - search PHI Air Medical
PHI Air Medical is America's premier full-service air ambulance provider. We are currently looking for medical billing candidates ready to join our team of skilled and dedicated individuals supporting the mission of safety, quality care and customer service. This opportunity is for our central Phoenix medical billing location and is for regular business hours. Competitive salary and benefit package includes medical and dental insurance, 401K and vacation and sick time.
We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual in a medical billing and collections environment. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office – Word and Excel and must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
JOB SUMMARY: Perform high volume of correspondence and document review to ensure proper action is taken. Answer patient and payer calls for initial screening. No budget or supervisory responsibility. Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Prioritize and share in distribution and processing of high volume of daily work along with various departmental projects
- Demonstrate proficiency in PFS billing systems and external software as required
- Ability to review, and evaluate patient accounts for appropriate handling in response to correspondence or phone calls
- Scanning and Data Entry of all incoming correspondence
- Contact patients, guarantors and facilities to obtain additional information for insurance processing.
- Document Control of patient records to include support of all HIPAA requirements
- Mailing outgoing claims, invoices and letters
- Perform insurance verification in support of pre‐billing
- Perform basic collection activities to include patient calls to discuss balance, setting up payment plans and screening for client charity plan submission
- Display competence in communication both (verbal and written) and interpersonal relations.
- Demonstrate and maintain consistent customer focus in the face of adversity and change
- Participate in increasing responsibility through ongoing training to support other teams
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Responsible for supporting company Safety Management System activities.
- Complying with company HS&E policies and procedures
- Understand and provide visible support of Destination Zero.
• 5 & 2
• Phoenix, AZ
• High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• Have 1 year of previous experience in medical billing/collections or applicable customer service experience along with completion/certification of medical billing.
• Knowledge of general office procedures and using office equipment.
• Have PC skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel at a high level.
• Must have prior experience with email and using the web.
• Regular pay scale applies
- Safety - Taking responsibility to put the tools and processes in place that will ensure your own safety and the safety of those around you. The key components of Safety are: System (SMS), Risk Management, Safety Assurance, Personal Responsibility, Discipline, Compliance (Integrity), and Capacity for Collective Action.
- Efficiency - Ability to maximize the benefits and profits, while minimizing effort and expenditure. The key components of Efficiency are: Process Efficiency, Organizational Efficiency, Resource Allocation & Maximization, Measurement and Accountability, and Organizational Transparency
- Quality - Meeting the customers' needs and conditions for success over the long term and to the greatest extent possible. The key components of Quality are: Leadership Position, Technology, Technical Proficiency, Measurement and Accountability, and Innovation.
- Customer Service - Anticipates and meets the needs of both internal and external customers. Delivers high-quality products and services; is committed to continuous improvement. The key components of Customer Service are: Communication, Consistency, Accessibility, Reliability, and Maintaining an Honest, Respectful and Professional Relationship.
- Drive & Energy – The ability to maintain a fast pace and continue to produce during exhausting circumstances.
- Functional & Technical Expertise – Allows the individual to add organizational value through unique expertise and serve as a resource to the organization within his/her area of expertise
- High Standards – Sets the stage for continuous improvements, the adoption of best practices and ultimately influences organizational standards.
- Initiative – Takes a proactive approach and takes action without being prompted.
- Integrity – Acts ethically and honestly and applies those standards of behavior to daily work activities.